19-Year-Old’s Stunt Goes Wrong, Ends In Death

0
351
19-year-old-fire-stunt
19-year-old-fire-stunt

HYDERABAD: A 19-year-old boy’s stunt went wrong.  He died at a hospital in Hyderabad, three days after he allegedly set himself on fire. Police said the teenager was attempting to create a video of himself pulling off a dangerous stunt to apply for a reality TV show.

“He wanted to participate in the reality show India’s Got Talent and he was not a professional at playing with fire,” Assistant Commissioner of Police Mohd. Abdul Bari told NDTV.

A senior in Gowthami College, Shalibanda, Jalil-ud-din on Thursday gathered a few children from the neighbourhood and asked them to take his video while he performed his stunt, police said.

Jalil-ud-din first poured kerosene in his mouth and tried to blow out flames, the ACP said. He later drizzled kerosene all over himself and then set himself on fire. When the situation started getting out of control, the children panicked and ran away, police added.

The teenager was rushed him to the Osmania Hospital, where he died yesterday.

Jalil’s parents did not know anything about his wish to enter India’s Got Talent, police said, adding, he signed a dying declaration before a judicial magistrate, claiming that he alone was responsible for his death.